School Learning Plan
Sexton Mountain Elementary School
Sexton Mountain was named after Edward S Sexton. He was an early settler of the Tualatin Valley. A native of Ohio, Sexton arrived in Oregon in the fall of 1850 and secured his claim in Washington County in 1853. His name was given to the mountain near his donation land claim and within those boundaries 136 years later the Beaverton School District’s newest elementary school had been built. Sexton Mountain rises directly east of the school site.
Sexton Mountain Elementary’s mission is to nurture the hearts and challenge the minds of all of our learners every day.
Sexton Mountain Elementary School first opened its doors in September 1989 with 540 students.
Date of Last Revision: February 8th, 2021
District Goal: WE empower all students to achieve post-high school success.
WE Expect Excellence
- WE teach students knowledge and skills for our evolving world.
- WE seek, support, and recognize world-class employees.
- WE engage students with a variety of relevant and challenging learning experiences.
- WE create learning environments that promote student achievement.
WE Embrace Equity
- WE build honest, safe, and inclusive relationships with our diverse students and their families.
- WE provide needed support so that every student succeeds.
- WE work and learn in teams to understand student needs and improve learning outcomes.
- WE partner with our community to educate and serve students.